Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Elektra, Electra, and Electra Woman



It has been announced that French actress Elodie Yung who appeared as Jinx in G.I. Joe: Retaliation and in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo will be opposite Charlie Cox in Netflix' Daredevil Season 2 as his star-crossed lover, Elektra. I think it's a cool casting and as much as I loved Jennifer Garner in that role, she wasn't exotic as Frank Miller intended Elektra to be. Well, the Elektra Natchios is the Daredevil comic is of Greek descent so a French-woman with Asian (Cambodian) roots doesn't seem like a fit. However, so far, they have been spot on with the casting of Daredevil so I am willing to suspend my disbelief.

And there are other women who as a different "Electra" have captured my imagination!



Say no more, folks. Carmen Electra when she was a lifeguard for Baywatch! Honestly, though as vivacious as she was, I was a Nicole Eggert fan.


And lastly, there was Deidre Hall as Electra Woman (right) opposite Judy Sturgis as Dyna Girl in The Krofft Show's segment, Electra Woman and Dyna Girl. I know it was cheesy but I loved that segment. Thankfully for Deidre Hall, she went on to even greater fame in the soap drama Days of Our Lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment